Training..is the opposite of hope

Friday, January 28, 2011

Week @ a glance

Didn’t get out for my run until 5:00..by the time I was able to hit the road, my get up and go had got up and went…but they say if you can do it for 10mins you’ve got it licked because you should be in the zone. Another increase today…When I first started my right Quad was sore and talking to me…I started to think I wasn’t going to be able to run the distance I was planning. I have been reading about P90x and running and they say that you usually give up running for the most part until about the 3rd week or so…I can’t see that happening..I plan to use my running as the cardio part of the program. The only reason I am doing the routine is to build strength for my running and biking, not to mention I would like to tone..so it’s worth it…I need to keep focused.

Almost to the finish line my leg was feeling so much better, so I guess it was just sore from all the working out this week…It is hard to know sometimes whether to push through because it will loosen up or to stop before injury occurs…I need to watch that. New shoes on my feet…note to self..loosen them up for next run.

This weeks workouts

Today Friday 11 K run

Thursday Yoga Class 1 1/2 hours…great class, just what I needed.. to stretch out some sore muscles..always feels better after the a great stretch…This week I need to work on my handstand.

Wednesday P90X Arms and Shoulders & 1/2 hour yoga. Wasn’t sure if I should complete this workout based on how sore I was from Monday..However the first week is always the hardest, if i give up now, it will be like starting over again next week..so I pushed forward.

Tuesday 5K run…Treadmill run…30 minutes & Yoga with Mikayla 1/2 hour

Monday P90X Legs and Back…This was on crazy workout…Pull-ups, single leg wall squats and lunges ++++….thought I was going to drop to the flour…although I focused on not overdoing it..I couldn’t believe how sore I was two days after (still feeling it after 4 days!) …Had a hard time to straighten my left arm completely and getting off the chair was painful…Feeling my age! Was almost thinking this program might be to much for me…I know it will get easier as I get stronger.

Sunday 5K run outside.

Recently I watched an ironman…watching Chris McCormack cross that finish so full of energy, it truly put me in awww! over 9 hours in an event and he looked unbelievable…I have been reading some articles on him and he states, yoga 3 times a week….I truly believe Yoga is a building blog to keeping fit for activities I want to do…so I am going focus on yoga at least twice a week…YogaX is scheduled for tomorrow…that will make 3 times this week ….sweet!!

Well that is my week in a nutshell…I can see that my calendar is looking alot better than it did the first part of the month…I am pleased! Feeling alot better energy wise.

Happy Training!

Workout:

•Type: Run
•Date: 01/28/2011
•Time: 10:52:52
•Total Time: 1:08:00.00
•Calories: 880
•Distance: 11 km
•Average Pace: 6:10.75/km

No comments:

Post a Comment