Training..is the opposite of hope

Friday, January 21, 2011

Blizzard Running....Warrior or Idiot??

So I sat down this week and planned out my routine, including running, yoga, P90X, etc…today was penciled in as a 10k run..Looking out the window, the snow was coming down pretty hard…I just can’t find the motivation to hit the treadmill…I could have changed my run to tomorrow, but that felt like cheating….so out the door I went..Cleaning off the car I thought I must be out of my mind….

As I started my run, the roads were pretty snow packed and slick. Running along the waters edge at the point, the wind was blowing hard, the snow was drifted up over my runners and I could feel my eyelashes starting to ice-up..You are nuts girl! Maybe I should go 5k, nope..I didn’t drive to town on terrible roads to cop out now…maybe 7K?…well if I’m going 7K I might as well go another 3k….So 10 it is….It was a hard run, almost like trail running…instead of crushing concrete, I was crushing snowdrifts, but enjoyable overall, who would have thought running in a blizzard would be a nice experience! ..I’ve often thought a hypothermia run wouldn’t be for me, but after todays run..I’ve changed my mind….

Mother nature sure is amazing…when the sun is shining, offering its warmth and the the water is glistening, the beauty can take your breath away..…Then today..the fury..the water was brown from all the churning and crashing against the rocks..It’s really incredible when you think about it.

Someone said that running in the winter makes you feel like a warrior…pushing though all the wind and blinding snow…I thought…warrior or idiot??? Well I did it, actually enjoyed the challenge…and yes I’m sure I’ll probably do it again…idiot…maybe!

California Dreaming by Benny Benassi...fitting song for such a run!

Life is good….especially when you put one foot in front of the other…even in a blizzard

Workout:

•Type: Run
•Date: 01/21/2011
•Time: 10:08:37
•Total Time: 1:00:00.00
•Calories: 558
•Distance: 10 km

No comments:

Post a Comment