Training..is the opposite of hope

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wake Up & Smell The Ashpalt

Wow I’m tired today…at work I could hardly push forward and it was a busy day with alot of vehicle issues..Thinking when I get home, I’m having a nap..Cold still hanging on some and it’s starting to wear the life out of me..but I’m not accepting it. nap never came, decided I better wake up and smell the asphalt.

looking at my calendar, it looks pretty pathetic for the month of January..Hardly any activity to speak of…However I have to remind myself that I run to stay healthy and I enjoy it, I’m not suppose to make it a chore..The week hasn’t been a complete write off.. I completed P90X yoga which took 1 1/2 hours, leaving me refreshed but dead on the floor…Also I used my Elliptical for 1/2 hour last night, offering a great core workout…February is almost upon us and hopefully it will be a better month..Tonight I hope to sit down and pencil in my monthly activity plan..

After I ran my last 8.5k I couldn’t get over how sore my quads were for about two days..The light came on, I didn’t run for a week and jump into it with a 8.5..stupid and stubborn…maybe i’ll learn, probably not, that’s the scary part! Tonight I really didn’t feel much like running but I knew if i didn’t go out I would regret it for the rest of the night…Sounds like some snow is upon us, who knows when my feet will hit the pavement again… When I ventured out, the snow was starting to come down and the temp was warmer…decided to go for a 5k, nice and easy, just enjoy the run…..Listening to Xavier Rudd as I was running…his lyrics made me smile.

Your heart knows where to go
But your mind can take it slow
It’s okay to rest your mind
Let your heart seek and find.

I reflected these lyrics into my running….If you follow your heart and not always listen to your tired mind, you will push forward…glad I listened to my heart and ran….Always feels great once I’ve made that first step.

Peace to you for now, we’ll share again….

Workout:

•Type: Run
•Date: 01/18/2011
•Time: 09:09:00
•Total Time: 00:30:00.00
•Calories: 389
•Distance: 5 km
•Average Pace: 6:00/km

No comments:

Post a Comment