Training..is the opposite of hope

Monday, April 25, 2011

First time 25k..Good Run On Good Friday..It’s Good!

http://First time I’ve ran this mileage, it was a slow run but a great challenge..I ran into another runner who has inspired me to take in some running events..It’s great seeing her on the road again, told her I registered last night for my first 1/2 marathon..gave each other a High Five…and continued on our way. Beautiful weather for a run, seeing alot out and about, cleaning their yards, golfing, walking, running etc…I love this time of the year! Feeling a bit hippy during this run, my hips started to really ache…I took my time because I didn’t want to mess things up for my up coming event that I’ve been trying to reach for 3 years now…Feel I’m ready. Looked at my Garmin when I hit 21k…It was 2:20…seeing that this run involved hills, stopping for minute to talk to my friend etc..If I can run my 1/2 in 2:20, I’ll be happy…it’s a flat run, just what I need.

Well it’s time to taper…no more long runs for two week…think i’ll concentrate on my upper body, abs and do some light biking….very excited to finally be registered for this run, no turning back now! Staying at a friends in the town where the event is, she laughs…I just don’t get it…run 21K? whatever! I just laugh…it’s amazing stuff and makes you feel so fantastic…I hope 21k is just the beginning.

See an athletic Therapist on Tuesday, she will be working on the issues I have with my itband…looking forward to it.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, your body will follow!

Enjoy the sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment