Training..is the opposite of hope

Saturday, April 30, 2011

First Kilted Run —On Dehydrated Legs



App 1 week before my 1/2 marathon and I need to start thinking about my fluid intake. Not eating much for lunch, having only a coffee and a cup of water, heading out on the road depleted…will I ever learn? My legs were so heavy, I need to hydrate hydrate hydrate…my ipod was dead, I’d rather be listening to music than my heavy breathing!

Decided to try out my kilt..It was a new experience and great. I didn’t wear any spandex shorts underneath, thinking I don’t need them…I was ok until about 7 k…my lower legs were feeling alot better by this time, but my upper legs started to scream…A lesson to be learned…Alot of people use body glide, or as someone said to me “wear your spandex shorts”…but I feel that would take away for the kilted run…It was alot of fun and I will be wearing it again very soon.

Alot of runners are taking up barefoot running…I find this very interesting..I feel it’s brings us back to the way we were suppose to run…Running shoes are adjusting our natural stride, not keeping us light on our feet etc…Dealing with Itband I wonder if it would help…and the feeling of freedom would be an experience…been looking into running sandals…who knows. I was tempted to strip off my shoes and socks and go for it..but one experience at a time…

I wasn’t very happy with this time…i like to run a 10K no longer than 1 hour..but my legs just were in protest..I know one thing, my stamina needs work…once i get through my 1/2 marathon event on Mothers Day I hope start some speed work on flat terrain….I should be running faster….

Well running in the kilt was awesome…even though my legs were not very happy…It really doesn’t matter…as long as I’m moving forward, I embrace my running…

“Running is a mental sport…and we’re all insane!”

Learn to run when feeling the pain: then push harder.

I have a lot to learn…pushing harder is one of them…until next time….I’ll shall remember

Smile and embrace it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment