Training..is the opposite of hope

Friday, April 8, 2011

The Bayside Challenge but Great Training

I haven’t blogged for awhile because this is the first long run I’ve completed since March 26th..Crazy! Having the flu really knock the life out of me, but bonus I got down to my goal weight, not recommended! I was ready for this run and couldn’t wait to get home from work to hit the pavement, however after I arrived home, had a bite to eat..the energy just vacated…but I knew if I didn’t run I wouldn’t be very happy with myself …so I pushed myself out the door. First time in ages since I’ve ran Route 127 …Decided to run to the new highway and back. looking out over St. Croix Island was beautiful…the sun shining on the water, I’ve always enjoyed this part of the run…Physio instructed me not to start out on a hill…so I walked the first hill, reaching the top i began my run..I was able to run to the new highway without stopping..I was very pleased with this..I can see that I am getting stronger. Coming back the hills were a challenge.. running this route will offer strength, but I need to respect the road because of the slopes and hills, I don’t want injury…Maybe I’ll try running this road every other week…we’ll see. Not sure if it’s because I’m running longer now, but I appear to be finding the rhythm of the run…its nice…just move your feet and the rest follows. legs were tight after this run! I think I might feel it tomorrow. Not the best time..but i’ll take it..Had some G2 and 1/2 a Clif bar during the run and I felt great when finishing..no upset stomach :)

I’ve increase one of my 5k runs to 7…just thinking I need to start running a bit more…

Feels great to move forward!

Workout:

•Type: Run
•Date: 04/08/2011
•Time: 10:42:55
•Total Time: 2:18:00.00
•Calories: 1604
•Distance: 21 km
•Average Pace: 6:34.3/km

No comments:

Post a Comment