Training..is the opposite of hope

Friday, April 15, 2011

23 k run... Ditched a deceiving road

23 k run... by addictedtorun at Garmin Connect - Details

Yesterday was a crazy day for me..After receiving the news about the death of my Aunt along with other pressures, I kinda had a mini melt down..I guess it’s allowed now and then..I just couldn’t help but feel the hurt for the people around me..friends and family hurt, I hurt..guess that’s the way its suppose to be..but life goes one for those left behind, we push forward…Precious memories stay with us. In saying all this I felt I really needed to hit the pavement but I didn’t because today I was to run long…thankful that a friend called me and encouraged me to attend yoga..after class I felt revitalized, at peace…Nothing like great friends and yoga combined..I was glad I pulled myself together and went to class…it tamed my monkey mind..It’s amazing!

So I went for my long run today..I was tired but knew I would feel better after I had accomplished the run..I decided to run waweig, thinking the road was flat.. I was wrong. Started out on the run, wow this is crazy..the road was a complete upward grade with curves…deceiving when you drive it in a car and not really taking much notice..put your running shoes to the challenge, you feel it..As I looked into the horizon all I could see were rolling hills…I need to get off this road before I kill my leg..So I took a left, ran across the Roix Road, then back along the highway..It was a hard run, but beautiful in places, crossing bridges with the beauty of the running water..Had a nice experience with three dogs running at me..Glad they listen as I hollered “go home!” ..Even with crazy dogs, it was nice to run in a different territory. As I finished my run..I thought that was a bit painful but it felt great! Nothing like a great run…It was a great challenge…

As I was running and feeling tight legs and itband… I thought “am I ever going to be able to obtain this challenge I’ve put on myself?”… will I get there?..I hope so because i have a deep desire to do it….Pushing forward.

Sometimes the moments that challenge us the most, define us

No comments:

Post a Comment