Training..is the opposite of hope

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Great run to complete the week!

Feeling like a slug this week…haven’t been working out like I should, due to changing rooms around and things not complete yet..also the weather has been against me a bit…However no better way to finish the week but with an awesome run! Starting out this afternoon, the roads were slippery and snow packed, creating a less-than-ideal footing. I feel it makes the run a bit more interesting, more challenging, and probably increases some strength…because you’re digging in! My hips were a bit sore during part of this run, but eased up when I walked for a minute and then continued on the run….It felt great to get fresh air in my lungs, sun shining on my face and enjoying the beauty of the trees laden with the new fallen snow. Needing to build strength and endurance but it’s all good…I feel I’ve achieved alot in 2 1/2 months..& I have lots of time to build up…They say Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success….so patience it is!

Took a nice soak, did some physio and finished off with 1/2 hour of yoga…hip openers..My hips will thank me tomorrow.

Wednesday was the only other time I ran this week…5k and It was one of those “Wow” runs! my legs felt great…funny you just never know what to expect.

Yoga class Monday and Thursday….Really feeling the benefits in regards to my running!! Just what I need..

Hopefully this week I will get more strength training in…need to work my arms and also my legs.

Feels great to be increasing, I’m almost there!!

Enjoy your week!

Workout:

•Type: Run
•Date: 02/27/2011
•Time: 14:25:00
•Total Time: 1:45:00.00
•Calories: 1493
•Distance: 19.3 km
•Average Pace: 5:26.38/km

No comments:

Post a Comment