Training..is the opposite of hope

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Heavy Legs…Keep On, Keepin On

Last time I ran was last Wednesday and it was crazy brutal…Went out for 10k and had to keep stopping because my legs were so heavy, aching..couldn’t get them moving…It was more of a walk than a run..by the time I reached home I was frustrated, discouraged and not too happy…This was the second time within a week that my legs were in so much protest…I don’t feel it was from over-training because I have been pretty much still lately…I did a 35k ride on Monday, very cold but my legs felt good, an easy 5k Tuesday and then Wednesday i was greeted with this crazy run…

As I returned home I was so upset and my family knew just by the look on my face…stating to them…I think I need to take a break from running. They were surprised of this, and I hated to even voice it…It would be like dumping a great friend, one who has always been there when I have a bad day, the pavement always is a great place to bring a smile back on my face..It helps me keep my weight down, feel achievements within myself, makes me feel great to wear myself into the ground…just an awesome friend, how could I ever drop something that benefits me so much. However, I want to start training and if things don’t look up soon…I know it will just be a dream.

I had an appointment in Halifax on Thursday, an 11hr drive..my legs were not too happy..and today it being Saturday they are still aching.

I have doing my research and it indicated that if your circulation isn’t so good, to keep moving at least 30 min a day…so maybe i need to be moving more…instead of stopping…keep on keepin on…push push…it only makes sense..I stop, my legs will seize up…I want to be able to embrace this running experience until late in life..I feel it’s a great health benefit and the proof is in the research….so I’m not stopping…i’m pushing forward…

So i headed out for my run today…and it felt amazing…I find it crazy how my legs can feel heavy on one run and fabulous on the other..but I’ve started taking some baby aspirin, Omega 3, to name a few of my supplements…and hydrate hydrate hydrate..and following a good eating plan of more fruit and veggies.

These little challenges are just part of the game, I need to remind myself not to get discouraged but to keep going…as my young 13 year old voiced to me this week “Quitters don’t prosper”…I love to run and exercise and I plan to keep going…pushing towards my goal…If it kills me..I’ll die happy!

I have been asked “why do you exercise so much”…well now I have another answer..because my legs need the therapy…One more benefit…so many numerous reasons to keep going….

Keep the Challenge within you!!

Workout:

•Type: Run
•Date: 05/28/2011
•Time: 08:48:58
•Total Time: 00:44:00.00
•Calories: 511
•Distance: 7 km
•Average Pace: 6:16.96/km

No comments:

Post a Comment