Training..is the opposite of hope

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A first time Barefoot Fun Run

Tuesday night fun run...Always enjoy the company and the exercise..the best of both worlds..But tonight was a first...And I love experiencing new things. Sara and I were the only runners tonight..As we were running we talked about my 1/2 marathon that I just completed and wearing my kilt..I explained to her how alot of people are now wearing kilts and also barefoot running..and how I would like to try it..."want to try it now?" she asked..well didn't take much to persuade me..off came our shoes and socks and our barefeet hit the pavement...I couldn't get over how much I like it...felt great, and it was alot of fun...We ran for 2.5k..which was a surprise to me...From the high school to almost HMS...pretty good distance and feeling great. Came home, my feet were burning a bit, took a soak. I can feel the workout in my calves...I really enjoyed this run and hope to get myself some minimal shoes for my long runs...I noticed the inside of my running shoes has a small whole, in just 2 1/2 months..it must be the rubbing...nevertheless I don't want to buy anymore runners for now....maybe fall.

Ab ripper completed for another night...

Loving the great things life has to offer!!

Cheers to barefoot running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment