Training..is the opposite of hope

Monday, May 23, 2011

Biking in Burrr weather



It was cold today...Everyone is wondering what is going on, It's May 23rd and feels like November...looking out the window I could almost feel the cold...but push push...if I want to build my strength up, sitting around is not going to achieve it. So out I went..I was thinking 40k but my route ended up to be 35.30..and I must say I was happy to get home. My feet were the worst, really cold and numb before I made it home..However I did it, got out, pushed myself and that part feels great. I will be happy when Mr Sun decides to show his face and not just tease us...The best is yet to come.

As I was riding up a hill, a huge camper trailor went by me, felt like within inches..however I sure he didn't want to go to the other side of the road because of being on a hill and he probably didn't want to slow down, because he needed his speed to make the hill...however, couldn't he have just honked ever so slightly...I don't know which would have made me jumped the most, but with my mountain bike at least I could have gone to the side shoulder...I was upset and thinking if he at the front of the campground getting ready to register, I'm pulling in and give him a piece of my mind...guess it's just as well he wasn't there...I would have made an complete arse of myself...but at it was upsetting...wanting to build my mileage and I know it will help my running but I must say I enjoy the woods much better. Oh well.. its all good...I'm sure it will happen again...ride and smile is the best we can do...all in all it felt good to be on two wheels and get the ride done...

I am going to sit down and look at my training and my eating...now that I've finished my 1/2 and had some recovery it's time to start training again...I need to commit...writing it down is the best way for me.

Move while you can...it's a blessing

No comments:

Post a Comment