Training..is the opposite of hope

Friday, June 17, 2011

Sweet Cross Ride

haven’t blogged much these days, not too much to report…This week I have been kind of taking it easy thinking of getting ready for the Father’s Day Road Race. I have been babying a cold..thinking it might be allergies. Up to the track a couple of days this week for speed training, did a little bit of cross fit the other day and Tuesday night a run of 5k…other than that a pretty slow week….I am craving a nice long run.

Today I decided to take my cross bike out..Haven’t had it out for a long ride since I bought it, just around town a bit. As I started out, I thought ….not really sure I like the feel of this bike…sure not a mountain bike…I find it quick at the steering, just a different kind of ride…However by the time I rode to town and back…I was feeling it…pretty sweet ride. After I got use to it, wow she held the road, fast on the downhills …nice. It reminds me of my 10 speed I use to ride when I was a young girl, many years ago…On the way home, i realized I have fallen in love with my new Cross bike…can’t wait to jump on the saddle again

thinking of doing some yoga later and early night to bed….feeling that I might be winning the fight as far as this cold goes, crossing my fingers It will have it behind me come the run on Sunday

Until next time…keep sweating!

Workout:

•Type: Cycle
•Date: 06/17/2011
•Time: 09:43:44
•Total Time: 00:55:00.00
•Calories: 567
•Distance: 18.5 km
•Average Speed: 20.18 kmph

No comments:

Post a Comment